Saturday, November 11, 2006

Movie: The Island and Misguided Brilliance

Last Night I watched the new movie "The Island". It was a pretty good science fiction flick and there were some good things and bad things about it but one thing about it struck me. It has a strong "Misguided Brilliance" theme running through it. Let me explain;

The inhabitants of the movie and our main characters are clones and they are thoroughly brainwashed into believing that their live is the only thing there is except for the possibility that they might win the lottery and go to the island where everything is like paradise. Of course this is just brainwashing by the powers that be but it reminds me very strongly of my theme of misguided brilliance and it brings to light the thought that

if we are pursuing all the wrong things in our brilliance is it because somebody has carefully guided us to these wrong things?

Is our misguidance actually misdirection?

And who would be doing this? And Why?

The Island

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Hi,

I noticed that your have been working on the "Penny Quest".

I am also doing something similar, the Double Your Way To A Million concept.

You can find me at:
Double To A Million Plan Blog

If you would add a link back to my Blog I would like to add you to my "Comrades in Doubling" section. Leave a comment and let me know if you agree to a link exchange.

Also you can find alot of other Doubler's meeting over at the Doubler's Den Forum at Doubler's Den Forum

Feel free to join us.

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Also Author/Creator of
My One Million Friends

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home